Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New things update

We're half way through the year so I thought I'd do a round up of how my '12 months of new things' projects are going:


Jan - sew a padded seat cover for our new bike. I did this and am very happy with it. I even completed it before the end of January!

Feb - make my own pasta dough. Didn't happen at all but I did substitute this with another project - learn to applique, which was very successful and has held my interest.

Mar - learn to crochet. I had a good go at it but I ended up with several tightly twisted scraps of yarn that I could no longer get the hook through and decided it would be better to learn from a person... and haven't tried again since. I can't say I get it at all and therefore my enthusiasm has waned.

April - sew an item of clothing for myself. I watered down this project to what I thought would be a more achievable refashion job but it's turned out to be quite tricky (naturally). I'm about 90% there I think, just need to gather strength for the home straight.

May - knit a vest for Angus. Well it's early July and I'm still going strong. I didn't touch it in June but last week I finished the back and immediately cast on for the front. I'm enjoying this.

June - make my own bread (learn how to do it and keep doing it). Didn't even try but the trip kind of took over June so I will get to this at some stage... maybe this month?

July - try quilting. I think I'll shelve this one until I have an idea of what I might like to make. I'll make July the bread thing instead.

Verdict: My commitment to the timeline has slackened considerably, I need to get back on track. But I love having a plan and look forward to what is coming next on the list.

I need to decide what my August project will be; at the start of the year I just said something to do with photography but I need to work out what. Perhaps it should be to finally read the darn manual and set the camera up how I want it instead of always using it on auto settings and being disappointed with the results!

No comments: