Friday, July 31, 2009

Change is in the air

It may still be mid-winter but I can see and smell and feel that Spring is on it's way. I enjoy the start of Winter, the early sunsets, the warm fires, the blanket on my knee in the evenings and the inclination to knit, cook hearty meals, and generally hibernate.

from here

However by this time of year I am overjoyed by the first signs of blossom on the trees, the occasional balmy day, and the gradual easing back of sunset until after I get home from work: all signs that nothing stays the same for very long - winter will pass and spring will be here again soon.

from here

So today I am coming out of hibernation and having a wonderful catch up day: mending things that have been broken for ages; clearing out cupboards; and taking a big load of unwanted stuff to the op shop. And it feels great!

1 comment:

D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.