Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today I...

...danced around the house with my two boys playing music and singing and pretending to be horses and aeroplanes etc.

...enjoyed a picnic morning tea party on a blanket outside in the bright sunshine on this beautiful winter's day.

...had a quiet cup of green tea while knitting a few rows of Angus's vest and contemplated how totally awesome my trip to England was and how glad and thankful I am that I was able to go.

I've been back for a few weeks but I have been letting the experience brew within me, I haven't talked about it a lot and I haven't put any photos up. Last night I re-read my notes for the first time and was reminded of stories I had already forgotten.


The wedding was brilliant - a simple ceremony in a stately home followed by a high tea, and later a party with a steel band in a marquee. It meant so much to be there to share my friend Alison's special day. It also meant a lot to me to be back in London which is so dear to my heart, I soaked it up and filled up on it as much as I could in the short time I had.

When I got back I just stared at the boys all day, I had missed them so intensely and they seemed to have grown six months older and six inches taller in the ten days I'd been gone.

A few weeks later and the holiday doesn't feel so physically real any more, it's settled down to memories and photographs, but I am still feeling refreshed and inspired and changed by it.

No comments: