Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Project for May

My May goal is to knit a vest for Angus but I knew that it would take me more than a month to do this so I've been practicing for a few weeks now.

First attempt at ribbing - not a success

I had never tried ribbing or even stocking stitch before and to be honest I never really understood the whole moving the yarn from front to back to change stitches; but it suddenly clicked and I'm pleased to say I finally feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it!

Second attempt at ribbing and first at stocking stitch - not bad

Next I need to frog all of that knitting and start again using a pattern. I've never tried to read a knitting pattern before and I haven't yet found one I like for a vest for Angus so these are the next things to overcome to achieve my May project. I've just kept going on the knitting in the mean time because I'm enjoying it, but the more I do the more disappointing it will be to frog it and there's no way what I've started will be wide enough for a vest.

No comments: