Sunday, January 11, 2009

Planning

photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Planning to learn new skills and setting a timeline is a brilliant idea I read on this blog and it's inspired me to come up with a plan of my own. I love structure and deadlines so although I am inclined to resist committing myself when I am already so busy (and hate the thought of setting myself up for failure) I think having a timeline will inspire me to make more of an effort. It was also one of my New Year's resolutions to make better use of my time and this is a good way to keep me on track.

Some new skills I'd like to acquire and projects I'd like to try are:

Jan - sew a padded seat cover for our new bike
Feb - make my own pasta dough
Mar - learn to crochet
April - sew an item of clothing for myself
May - knit a vest for Angus
June - make my own bread (learn how to do it and keep doing it)
July - try quilting
Aug - something to do with photography
Sept - grow some plants (food) we haven't tried growing before
Oct - plan homemade Christmas gifts and get started
Nov - make Christmas cards and gift tags with the boys
Dec - 'do' advent for the first time to make Christmas really special

Hopefully this time next year I'll be able to make a mosaic like the one above from my own images!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I need a list like that!
Have you seen this easy bread recipe, it is really unbelievably yum and kids can help too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU

Chele x