Saturday, January 31, 2009

Feeling hot hot hot


I really like this image from here, it says 'hot' to me!

It's been a really hot week here in Melbourne, breaking 100 year old records. The last three days were 43.4, 44.3 and 45.1 degrees celcius (that's about 110, 112, 113 fahrenheit), a cool change of sorts has arrived in some parts - that is we're only expecting a top of 37 degrees today (98.5) but out our way it's still 39 (102).

I can't complain when we never lost power completely (just had reduced power so the one little vintage aircon unit we have didn't work) and we didn't have threat of fires looming over us like so many other Australians this week. And for a couple of days we were each in the air-conditioned comfort of work or daycare. The nights were uncomfortable (with lows that didn't drop below 25 degrees) and we will have lost a lot of plants; the heat isn't over but hopefully it will be another hundred years before we get another three days of 43+ in a row (somehow with global warming I doubt that).

No comments: