Monday, February 2, 2009

Burst of sewing


I achieved my January challenge of sewing a cushion for the bakfiets! The picture was taken in a hurry, I would have liked to attach the cushion properly to the seat, make sure it was fluff free, have a nice backdrop etc but you get the idea. I used entirely thrifted/upcycled materials for this so I am doubly pleased. It means that the piece of foam in the back rest is not quite the right size but it's just fine for the boys and they love it.


On Saturday I made a small stuffed elephant, Olga, from More Softies (pictured) but I finished so quickly and was in such a hurry to give it to a friend's daughter that I didn't get a picture of the finished Olga. So this is the Olga in the book pictured with the fabric I used for my Olga.


And today I decided I needed a pincushion so I whipped up this one from here during the boys' nap. Cute!

Is that someone waking now? I think so.

No comments: