Wednesday, November 11, 2009
What's Hot + What's Not
What's Hot:
Signing up for boot camp (I think that's hot) two mornings a week for six weeks.
Tav agreeing to do everything involved behind the scenes to make that happen (taking the boys to creche etc).
Getting some enthusiasm back for cooking, I've been a lazy cook all winter but I suddenly have the urge to make salads and rice paper rolls and mini quiches and bread (not all at once).
What's Not:
It was day one of boot camp yesterday, and today every muscle is aching from the fitness test. Guess what? I'm not fit.
The cost of postgrad education from the perspective of a part-time-worker-with-a-mortgage-and-mother-of-two-small-children. I know it's an investment in the future but ouch, it's a bit daunting to contemplate. We've worked so hard over the last six years, budgeted well and done everything we can to reduce our debt - I don't know if I can increase it by a lazy $10k for a course.
I abandoned my plan to do 12 months of new things somewhere around the middle of the year and haven't got back on track. Does boot camp count?
Thanks Loobylu, I'm enjoying What's Hot + What's Not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You go girl - boot camp is seriously tough, so dont be too hard on yourself and think how good you will feel at the end of the 6 weeks, you may even sigh up again. Looking forward to catching your progress
Wow! I would love to do boot camp! I am so unfit - I don't think we have anything like that here though. x
I am seriously impressed with the boot camp! Seriously! Hot! xx
Post a Comment