I have to admit I hoard more than collect. I love collections and I watch Collectors every week! But I haven't really found my calling as a collector yet. When I was little, an aunt decided that I collected miniature shoes and a collection was quickly born, but I never felt very attached to them.
In my teens I collected vintage suitcases and had a lovely stack of them that conveniently stored many of my hoarded objects, but after many years and many moves they eventually felt too reminiscent of the student-days-share-house existence I had moved on from. I was ready to stop moving around (cases at the ready), put down roots, and set up some nice shelves for a change.
I still have a few of the old cases tucked away storing some treasures but they're no longer a collection.
Recently I've started collecting pictures from magazines to use for crafting with my kids.
I have huge stacks of magazines that have been passed on to me from my cousin. They hang around for ages in piles on the loungeroom floor and in bookshelves. And when they're several years old and not at the height of fashion any more I flick through and cut out cute pictures for future pasting sessions such as when we made these personalised lunch bags...
I'm looking forward to seeing all the collections popping up at Pip's place through the week.


11 comments:
Oh that is so CUTE! I love your lunchbags! What a sweet thing to collect - and useful and fun too! x
We used them for gift tags, birthday cards...all sorts of things when the kids were little.Didn't think of lunch bags. Great idea Nothing like recycling is there?
i couldn't bear to part with those delightful suitcases..LOVE em!
SNAP!
I'm collecting pictures for magazines for lots and lots and lots of gluing with the kids. They love it!
HI Holly, funny that your aunt decided on the little shoes for you!! The cases are gorgeous and that pasting sounds fun!
I watch Collectors too! Love the luchbags - what a nice way to pass the time with little ones - might use that idea!
I'm a "Collectors" fan too. Your suitcases are beautiful. Love your collections ... isn't this fun?
I know what you mean ~ it wasn't until I started "hunting" cameras that i truly thought of collecting them.
the collectors is one of my favourite shows - it makes me feel better to know that there are people out there that are more addicted than me to collecting!!! I love your suitcases
ooh I'd love to have my lunch out of those lovely lunchbags!
Thanks for your lovely comments!
Sorry if I mislead by not saying the cases pictured aren't mine. I did take a pic of my stack once but it was pre-digital and alas I can't find it. The pic I chose from flickr is cute though!
Post a Comment