Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Creative Space

This week I've turned a little creativity towards the boys' rooms with the help of my lovely cousin Ruth who gave us a 'no longer needed' bookshelf. The 'new to us' bookshelf went into Rohan's room and looks MUCH better than the lilac one that had been there before (really didn't go with the deep red walls).


We have quite a lot of kids books really so a big bookshelf is great, but I really love having a couple of shelves for toys and the third shelf down is the perfect height for Rohan to tuck a few things away that he doesn't want his little brother to reach.


Rohan's old bookshelf went to live in Angus's room which is perfect because it matches the chest of drawers in there and the colours used in the room. I didn't want too many books because he just pulls everything off the shelves at every opportunity so less is more (or at least more easy for me). It will evolve over time but what I am loving right now is that both their rooms seem less cluttered now that they each have more shelving - hallelujah for that!

More creative spaces over at Kirsty's place!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done ~ space for all the loves of a child!

Kirsty said...

Everything's looking very organised. Job well done.

Unknown said...

Looks very pleasing to the eye :)..great space