Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Creative Space

I am so excited about the latest addition to my creative space: a Husqvarna 2000 (6010) that I picked up at a local op shop yesterday for $30.


I've mentioned my fondness for the Husqvarna 6020 before, my Mum has my Grandmother's machine that was bought new in the 60s. Well this one is almost identical and is almost complete. It even has the original Husqvarna guarantee and the Myer guarantee from when it was sold to Mr Symes in 1968.


Next I'll have to take it to Barry for a service, can't wait to take it for a spin!

I'm also excited to have finally hung my little shelf of threads away from prying hands. I capitalised on my Dad's visit at the weekend and got some gardening tips and this shelf hung, thanks Dad! It's not as gorgeous as Kirsty's creation which made me seriously consider ditching this one and joining her HAC workshop.


Notice the new Husky getting comfy already? I love my modern machine too and will probably continue using it for most sewing, but it just feels right to return to my sewing roots.

Thanks Kirsty for hosting My Creative Space, there are tons of great spaces to see every week.

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Oh Holly...she's a beauty. Wonderful Opping.

Bird Bath said...

great score, defintely a gorgeous model. I love the red lining of the case too.
And as for the cotton shelf - superb I say!

Unknown said...

Brilliant find! I love my Husky too, although she's not quite as beautiful as yours - more 80's beige and brown. She does a brilliant job though!

tea with lucy said...

Wow! What a find. They just don't make machines as solid and sturdy anymore. My Bernina was my mum's. She got it for her 21st birthday. Still goes like a dream!

Debra said...

Man...what a score...i had an old Husky too...a few years back and to this day kick myself for retiring her...oh well how many machines can a girl have....love the case this one came in...gorgeous :)