Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Creative Space

I'm joining Kirsty's My Creative Space this week. The sewing bug has got me again, I am feeling the pull towards the sewing machine and I'm finding knacky little things at op shops like these colourful buttons and this vintage pattern.


Just excuse the dodgy applique above, it had been a while since I'd done any so I was a bit rusty and I rushed into it of course. The T-shirt below was more successful.


And here are a few little things I picked up on my recent trip to Blighty.


I thought it would be nice to bring home a few sewing things so I'd be reminded of the trip when I used them. I never indulge in glass head pins at home but when it's a souvenir I can justify it!

10 comments:

Kirsty said...

Good on you for treating yourself.

Tania said...

Loving the boy applique - my poor boy always misses out on the crafty thing - am now officially re-energised!

Nikki said...

Better to be bitten by the sewing bug than something more sinister! It's funny how once you start thinking about something, things start to pop up to help you on your journey.

Lucy Bowler said...

I love your pins as souvenirs - much more useful than other souvenirs you might pick up. The applique looks very cute too!

Cindy said...

Sweet pins! Good to hear you're pulling out the sewing machine again - it's always fun!

Lucy Bowler said...

I had to come back and say try the crocheting again! Get someone - or someone else - to show you. I am only new to it and it's just slotting in to space. I never thought I'd be able to do it, tried lots of times. But it was another session with mum, plus a clearer book that helped. I even made flowers recently - check them out. http://lucybowler.blogspot.com/2009/08/you-spin-me-right-round.html there is a link to the book I used which seems to have the clearest crochet instructions I've seen. You could try seeing if your local library has it. - that's where mum got it from.

Anonymous said...

holly ~the soft art of handmade is a treasure here~

Unknown said...

The applique looks great...Anything boy is always a hit in this house!

Love the pins too they are so cute

Anonymous said...

Your space is great and what super treats! :-)

Leslie said...

I love the applique so cute!