
1. Lavender
2. First attempt at sewing from a paper pattern
3. Broad beans
The lavender is absolutely abundant in our garden at the moment and the hum of the bees can be heard whenever we're outside. This is a particularly lovely variety with the wispy petals at the top.
I am not a great sewer and I tend to find it a bit frustrating that when I sew something I spend more time at the ironing board than at the sewing machine, but there's a definite pull to create.
This tunic style dress/top is from a vintage simplicity pattern and was easy because it is reversible. I chickened out with the button holes though (which I've never done before) and fastened with a snap so it's not really reversible.
The broad beans are rampant and I need some new recipes to get creative with using so many of them. I actually enjoy the double podding, it's quite therapeutic.
No comments:
Post a Comment