Meet the cast:
Tavis is the do-er - drawing, painting, fixing, building, gardening, riding, running, working, playing with the kids. He can't sit still for long. But he likes nothing more than just hanging out with the family, he doesn't need a million activities and events.
Rohan is the singer. We know he's happy when we can hear him off in the distance trying out some new song he's making up as he goes along, or singing one of the hundred or so others he knows. He's note, rhythm and word perfect, I am continually impressed. He's in the land of imagination at the moment, creating worlds and stories all the time.
Angus is the explorer. He's taking everything in and doing new things every day. A few weeks ago he started crawling, the next week he was pulling himself up to standing, last week he learned to climb steps and today he is starting to reposition his hands and feet when he's standing (ie moving). My prediction is that he'll be walking before Christmas but we'll see.
And me, Holly, I'm the observer (hence the interest in photography). I treasure those moments in the everyday when I reflect how perfect and wonderful the present moment is in it's ordinariness, where I hold it in my mind momentarily like releasing the shutter of the camera. It's a daily challenge to be present - I am naturally inclined towards planning, being organised, trying to 'get stuff done' but I am realising that I can use those traits to make time to enjoy right now.
Family snapshots tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment