Monday, December 1, 2008

One December

34 years ago today my Mum became a mother for the first time and I was born (that's my Dad in the pic by the way!).


7 years ago today my husband and I were married in a beautiful garden and we danced to the more I see you which remains so true.


4 years ago today we moved into our first home, not the first home we shared together but the first home either of us had bought and it was the most perfect little nest.


3 years ago today Tavis and I were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday at a gorgeous Melbourne restaurant and I was heavily pregnant with Rohan. To our surprise our Obstetrician was dining at the same restaurant so we briefly said hello and he asked how I was feeling. I was fine and was still nearly a fortnight away from my due date but little did we know as we waved goodbye that I was to go into labour the next night or that the obstetrician was off for the weekend and wouldn't be there to welcome Rohan into the world in the early hours of December the third.


1 year ago today I was heavily pregnant again but was nearly three weeks away from having Angus. We ate out at a beautiful restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday as has become our tradition.


Today is the first day of summer, and a day that has a lot of significance and good memories for me. I have been treated with lots of birthday wishes and cuddles and presents, and I am so thankful to be surrounded by this perfect little family.

No comments: